Alexa Not Working on Firestick
The Alexa fire TV supports the voice control features that enable users to manage everything using the voice command. However many times users find trouble in linking their Alexa app to fire TV. If your Alexa not working on firestick, this post can help you to troubleshoot the problem following some simple troubleshooting steps.
The first and foremost thing you need to check and make sure is that the Alexa is properly linked to your fire device. Also, use the same Amazon account for both. If you are still facing the same trouble, proceed with the steps below to fix the issue.
Power reset the device
- First of all, unplug the firestick power cable from the device.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plugin the cable again to the TV and power outlet.
- Turn on the fire stick TV and see if Alexa not working on the firestick remote problem is resolved. In case not proceed with the next troubleshooting step.
Make sure that you have properly linked to the Alexa app and firestick TV
The improper linking between the Alexa app and fire stick TV can also be the reason that the Alexa app not working on firestick. Following are the steps to fix the issue.
- Turn on your television with a Firestick plugged in.
- If you are using the Firestick TV for the first time, make sure you connect it using Wi-Fi.
- Open the Alexa application on your smartphone device.
- Tap on the three-dot icon.
- Go to the settings.
- Click on the video option followed by Fire TV, and you will see the name of your fire TV appearing. Click on the name.
Restart the device
If you have followed the above steps carefully you need to restart the device.
- Reboot your system device and fire the TV.
- Restart your router.
- Press and hold the ‘ select and play’ button on the remote to restart the television without unplugging it.
Use the same Amazon account
You have to make sure that you use the same Amazon account and internet connection to connect the fire TV and Alexa, else you will end up facing Alexa not working on firestick remote problem. If your Alexa app is running on a different Amazon account and fires TV on different devices, you cannot work with Alexa. So, you need to use the same account. Also, make sure that you set the same time zone for the Alexa app and fire TV for using the services.
So these are some simple instructions that can help you to fix the Alexa app not working on firestick remote problem on your device. Do not forget to use the upgraded version of the Alexa app for using the application at its best. The provided troubleshooting guidelines are easy and surely help you to fix the error. But if you are still facing trouble and unable to connect the Alexa app to Firestick, do not hesitate to contact the Alexa support team for expert advice.