How to Download Amazon Alexa on any Windows 10 PC
How to Setup and Use Alexa Device?
The digital smart voice assistant had come a long way. One of the best smart voice assistant technologies present in the market is Amazon Alexa. You can “download Alexa app for PC” and use it to perform numerous smart tasks. At present, there are a number of Alexa-supported devices available for the users like smart bulbs, smart switches, thermostats, and more. Once you have installed the Alexa app on your computer and completed the setup, you can use it for a better and smart life experience.
How does the Alexa app for PC work?
Once you complete the Alexa app download on your computer, you need to login into it using the Amazon account username and password. After that, you can connect Alexa to your smart home appliances and command them using the wake word Alexa. You can ask Alexa to provide you with weather updates, book a taxi, order food, and perform other day-to-day tasks. Alexa considers the keywords to interact and delivers the results.
What are the steps to download the Alexa app for PC?
If you have the latest computer or laptop from Lenovo, Dell, HP, Asus, or Acer, the chances are that the Alexa app download comes inbuilt by default. However, if you do not have the latest computer or laptop, you can proceed with the guide below to set up the Alexa app for your PC.
To download the Alexa app on your Windows computer, you need to open the Microsoft store and search for the exam application. After that, you can click on the launch button and proceed with all screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Here is the step by step guide for Alexa app download on computer:
- Open the Microsoft store on your computer.
- Tap on the search bar and type Alexa hit the button.
- From the search result, Tap on Alexa and click on the Get option.
- Once you have successfully installed the application on your computer, click on the launch button to open the application.
- After this, set up the Alexa app on your computer.
- Click on the get started button.
- Log in to the Alexa app using your Amazon account credentials. If you do not have an Amazon account you need to create one now.
- Click on the “Agree and continue” button to accept the terms and conditions.
- After this, toggle on the wake word. Hit the” allow” button to make sure that the Alexa app works.
- The application required microphone permission to work on your computer. Give them permission.
- Choose ‘ launch app or sign into this computer’ option and ‘ pin app in the taskbar’ option.
- Click on the ‘finish setup’ button.
- After this, tap on the Alexa button and you can start speaking to the Alexa app.
How to use the Alexa app for PC?
Once you have completed the Alexa download on your system, you can simply say the wake word ” Alexa” to give the command to your voice assistant. However, this depends upon whether you have tools in hand free access or not. To figure it out, follow the below steps.
- Open the Alexa app.
- Go to the settings.
- Check the wake word option.
If you do not see any wake word, your device is not set for hands-free mode. You need to click on the Alexa button for the queries, or you can choose the hands-free mode to get the voice commands.
So these are some simple steps that will let you complete the Alexa app download on your system. In case you still have a doubt, do not hesitate to contact the experts for professional assistance.