How to troubleshoot the Echo Dot Registration Failure10:2:12:3:1 Error?
Are you getting the Echo Dot Registration Failure Error 10:2:12:3:1 on your device? You may get this error while registering the device due to multiple reasons like, your Alexa app version is not up to date, or your device is not in use for a long time. No matter what the problem is, with some easy troubleshooting steps you can deal with the situation. So, if you are also facing the same trouble while trying to register your Echo Dot device, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting guidelines and get rid of the issue. Here, we have discussed the common scenarios in which you may get the registration error on your device along with the troubleshooting steps.
Situation 1: Getting Registration Error On Brand New Echo Dot Device
If you have recently purchased the Echo Dot device and got the registration error, follow the steps below:
- Open the ‘Alexa’ app.
- Under the ‘ Devices’ section, choose your device.
- Open any preferred web browser and log in to your router.
- From the router admin panel, click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ under the ‘Network Logs’.
- Disable ‘DOS Port Scan’,.
- Click on the ‘Advanced Settings’, choose Setup>> WAN Setup.
- Put a tick mark on the check-box ‘Disable Port Scan and DOS Protection’.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Exit the admin page and restart the router along with your Echo Dot device.
Scenario 3: Registration error appears when Alexa is not in use for the past year.
In other words, if your Echo Dot device is not in use for a long time, it may show you a registration error. Here is what you can do:
Troubleshooting Method 1: Install Alexa App latest version
- On the Alexa app, go to the ‘Help and Feedback’ section.
- Open ‘User Guide’>> ‘Echo Device’>> Alexa Software Update.
Register the device again and you will succeed.
Troubleshooting Method 2: Leave Echo Device in ‘Download Mode’
- Set the Echo Dot to ‘Download Mode’.
- Leave the device in ‘Mute Mode’.
- Wait for an hour.
Scenario 3: Registration Error Failure After You Reset Echo Dot
To fix this trouble, follow the steps below:
- Check the email ID you are using for Echo Dot Registration. Make sure it is the same ID that you have used for the Echo setup.
- Check if your router has the ‘Guest Network’ option in the WiFi settings. You need to enable that option.
- Use the Static IP address, click on the ‘Settings’ menu for changing the IP address to static.
- Download the firmware update is available for Alexa.
- Check and make sure that you have set the WPA2’ mode. If it is ‘‘WPA/WPA2’, you won’t be able to complete the registration process.
- Complete the setup again.
We hope that these simple steps will help you to fix the Echo Dot Registration Failure Error 10:2:12:3:1 on your device. If your problem is still not resolved, get in touch with the expert team and get professional help to resolve the issue.