How to Connect an Amazon Echo to Wi-Fi Using the Alexa App?
You have recently purchased a new Echo Dot device, and looking forward to completing the Echo dot Wi-Fi setup, this post can help you. Amazon Echo dot is a smart speaker that lets you get connected to the wireless network and access the smart services while enjoying your favorite music streaming. Using the Echo dot device, you can perform numerous tasks with voice input. So, let’s proceed next and follow the simple steps to complete the Echo dot WiFi setup for your home network.
Echo dot Wi-Fi setup: Steps to follow
Before you connect the Echo Dot device to the Wi-Fi network, make sure that you properly plug in the device to the electric outlet. Download the Alexa app on your smartphone and open it.
- From the Alexa application, open the navigation panel.
- Go to the ” settings”.
- Select your Echo Dot device and click on the ” update Wi-Fi” option.
- If you would like to add a new device, choose the ” Add a new device” option.
- Press the “action” button on your echo dot and hold it for a few seconds. The WiFi light will turn Orange from Blue.
- Now, you can see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select the Wi-Fi network to which you would like to connect Echo Dot.
- Proceed with the onscreen instructions and complete the Echo Dot Wi-Fi setup for your device.
- Once you have successfully connected the Echo Dot to a wireless network, you can start using the services.
These are some simple guidelines that can help you with the Echo Dot Wi-Fi setup for the home network. Follow these steps carefully to avoid any technical trouble in between the process.
Unable to complete Echo Dot WiFi setup? Here is what you can do:
- Make sure that you have the correct username and password to get connected to Wi-Fi.
- Upgrade your router firmware.
- Make sure that you have made the correct Wi-Fi settings.
We hope that after following these simple guidelines you would be able to resolve the issue. If you want to set up Echo Dot without app, you can also refer to the user manual to get all the details. The given guidelines are easy, but if you are still having trouble connecting the Echo dot device to the Wi-Fi network, it is highly recommended to contact the experts.
The professionals can help you to find the best solution to the problem, and help you to complete the setup without any trouble.